Family Law Attorney Amanda Brisson Cannavo
My experience in family law has taught me that we all have a story and that no two stories are alike. We all face challenges and we make difficult decisions that often have a lasting impact on our family and ourselves as individuals. Each decision we make ultimately becomes part of our story. As a family law attorney, nothing is more rewarding than empowering individuals to make well-informed decisions that can positively affect their story.
Whether you are seeking the assistance of an attorney to start a family through adoption or surrogacy, or to end your marriage, it is paramount that you understand the laws before you make a decision. As an attorney, I feel it is my responsibility to educate you about how those laws may impact you and help guide your decision. Although you are responsible for making these often difficult choices, I will assist you and guide you along your path so that you have clear expectations and set reachable goals.
For most, while the same laws will govern your decision-making, the way you reach your goals may not be the same. For some, we will negotiate our way to your goal. For others, we may need to employ a third party, such as a mediator, arbitrator, or even a counselor, to reach the outcome you hope to achieve. Still others will enter into litigation to achieve the right resolution. Whichever path we take, as your attorney, I am committed to you every step of the way. While no one can predict the future, inside or outside the courtroom, I can promise that you will not find another attorney or law firm that will be more dedicated, determined, and dependable than me and our team at Sodoma Law.
- SUNY Buffalo Law School
- SUNY Polytechnic Institute
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
Honors & Associations
- North Carolina Bar Family Law Section
- Mecklenburg County Bar Family Law Section
- Charlotte Women Attorneys
- Committee for the annual event, Fighting for Women with Fashion, which raises money for Safe Alliance, an organization that focuses on sexual assault and domestic violence services in Mecklenburg County. This event is hosted by the Charlotte Women Attorneys and the Women Physicians Section of the Mecklenburg County Medical Society to raise money for the Clyde & Ethel Dickson Domestic Violence Shelter operated by Safe Alliance in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The Sodoma Way
When I opened the doors to Sodoma Law in 2008, it was with the intention of building a different kind of firm. When I started to put together the team, I focused on creating a culture unlike any other I had encountered: a “firm family” that showed commitment to our clients, to our team and to our community. Over time, this concept has become known as “The Sodoma Way.”
© 2017 Sodoma Law, P.C.