John C. Woodman – Business Attorney
There are many aspects in life that fuel an individual. For me, those constants are my family, my integrity and my passion. Originally from Calgary, Alberta, Canada, I went against the grain by not growing up playing hockey but instead had a dream of playing college baseball. After many years of preparation, I attended Flagler College in St. Augustine, Florida where I attained my childhood dream. The work ethic and passion that I learned on the ball field while achieving this goal has now followed me to my law practice, and as a zealous advocate in the courtroom. While at Flagler College, I met my wife and the rest is history with 3 little blonde daughters to follow. After Flagler College, I was a part of the inaugural team that helped bring back professional basketball to the Queen City with the expansion NBA Charlotte Bobcats. This historical opportunity reinforced the importance of teamwork in which I employ everyday when working with my clients towards a mutually satisfactory relationship.
While still residing in Charlotte and making that treacherous commute, I became a Demon Deacon and attended Wake Forest University School of Law. I began my legal career litigating not only sophisticated commercial/business disputes in state court but practiced before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of North Carolina and the United States District Court for the Western District of North Carolina. A multitude of disputes can arise in the commercial setting. Some of the matters I have handled include breach of contract, guaranty defense, the recovery of fraudulent transfers, real property disputes, landlord-tenant, and disputes arising under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
The amount of sweat equity an individual puts into his or her business typically is earned over a lifetime. Resolution to any dispute, commercial or otherwise, should be treated with the respect that it deserves. I am passionate about resolving any dispute that you may encounter – whether it be in the courtroom or out – and restoring that lifetime of sweat equity to its intended place.
I look forward to serving you not only in sophisticated commercial/business disputes but also in creditor/debtor rights and general corporate law.
- Flagler College
- Wake Forest University School of Law
- North Carolina
Honors & Associations
- Rising Star – Super Lawyers Magazine 2019
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, By Grave Alone Ministries (2011-Present)
- Board of Directors, Cameron Wood Homeowners Association (2007)
- Entertainment Host, Charlotte Hounds of the Major League Lacrosse
- Western District of North Carolina Bankruptcy CLE Committee
- Board of Directors, Moment of Hope
- Advisor to the Board of Directors, Charlotte Executive Association
- Board of Directors, UNPACKIN’ it Ministries
- Board of Director, By Grace Alone Ministries
- Captain, All-Pro Dad, Quail Hollow Middle School
- Co-Captain, All-Pro Dad, Smithfield Elementary School
- School Leadership Team, Charlotte Mecklenburg School Smithfield Elementary
- Chaplain, Forest Hill Church
- Deacon, Forest Hill Church
- Tournament Chair, Mission Charity Golf Tournament
- Volunteer, Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Volunteer, Nexus Church
- Volunteer, Urban Restoration
- Volunteer, Elon Homes