I believe that understanding these various emotions is paramount, not only in helping my client understand that they do have options, that things can be alright, but also in effectively communicating the multitude of legal options and legal strategies available to move forward.
I also believe it is important to understand that every situation and every family are unique, and as a result, each case requires a tailored approach. There is no ‘one size fits all’ or ‘cookie cutter’ approach to these kinds of cases. Rather, the various personalities, family dynamics, and specific circumstances of a particular case must be considered when devising a plan that is best for a client and his or her family.
In my personal view, a family law attorney should have all gears. What I mean is that a family law attorney should be able to effectively and skillfully handle your case in court, thoughtfully and amicably negotiate your case out of court, and have the necessary skill set to handle all of the situations in between. By having such an attorney, you can be assured that you have an advocate in your corner ready to handle the various issues that may present themselves throughout the life of your case.
Special Recognition And/Or Awards
- 2019 Rising Star in Family Law by Super Lawyers rating service
- 2019 “Legal Elite” in Family Law by Business North Carolina Magazine
- 2018 “Legal Elite” in Family Law by Business North Carolina Magazine
- 2017 “Legal Elite” in Family Law by Business North Carolina Magazine
- Class of 2014 Mecklenburg County Bar Leadership Institute graduate
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- United States Eastern District of North Carolina
- Former Mecklenburg County Bar Lawyer Referral Service Chair and Vice Chair
- Mecklenburg County Bar Family Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association