Charlotte, NC – Family Law Attorney
Without a doubt, there is nothing I care about more than my family. I am adopted, as are my siblings, and so I feel that I have a unique perspective and appreciation for being a part of a supportive, loving family. While my parents have been married for over thirty years and have four children who remain extremely close, we have experienced our ups and downs. Through it all, we have remained a strong family unit, and this is what has gotten us through those difficult times.
Practicing Family Law, you deal with people who are usually at the lowest point of their lives. If you are meeting with a Family Law attorney, then your family, whatever that may look like, is in crisis. There is nothing more personal and emotional than this. It is important as a Family Law attorney to be a stable, compassionate advisor and advocate during this very difficult time. Fulfilling that role is what practicing Family Law is all about for me.
I attended Western Carolina University for my undergraduate studies and found myself lost as to what career I should pursue. I began working towards a general business degree and was exposed to an introductory business law class. I told myself that I would take a few more legal courses, see how I did, and make a decision from there. I excelled in my law classes and found that nothing piqued my interest quite like the law.
In law school, my favorite class, by far, was Family Law. Upon graduating from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law, I accepted a position at a Family Law firm located in downtown Monroe, North Carolina. I was able to dive right into the areas of both Family and Criminal Law. While Criminal Law can be exciting, to me there is nothing more challenging, important, and rewarding than Family Law. Whether it is in the courtroom, at mediation, or in the office, Family Law always offers an opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life.
The needs of a Family Law client vary from person to person. It is imperative to be able to fit the role that a particular client needs in a given situation. While one client may need a shoulder to cry on, another may need a strong voice to speak for them, and another may need a calming presence to see them through the situation. However, I truly feel that all clients need guidance to work towards a resolution that allows them to move on to the next stage of their life, whatever that may be. This personal, tailored client service is why I practice Family Law and why I joined Sodoma Law in Charlotte.
- Western Carolina University
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Certified Parenting Coordinator
- Certified Collaborative Law Attorney
- Certified South Carolina Family Court Mediator
Honors & Associations
- North Carolina Bar Association Family Law Section
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Union County Bar Association Family Law Section
- Union County Bar – Past President
- American Red Cross Union County Chapter Board of Directors – Chair of Union County Chapter Board of Directors and Volunteer
- Charlotte Chamber of Commerce – Ballantyne and Metro Chapters
- Union Symphony Society
- Charlotte Women Attorneys
- Committee member for the Charlotte Rescue Mission’s fundraiser ChariTEA.