Information and Resources for COVID-19
- Court Closures and Advisories
- Domestic Violence Resources
- School Closures and Advisories
- Relevant News
- Community Resources
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The CDC provides extensive information for adults and families on coping with the COVID-19 pandemic. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- John Hopkins. Mapping COVID-19; an interactive map. https://systems.jhu.edu/research/public-health/ncov/
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services.The NCDHHS provides information in English and Spanish regarding North Carolina’s ongoing response and plans regarding COVID-19. The information provided includes but is not limited to: call center numbers, steps to stay healthy for individuals and families, precautions and preparations for schools and childcare, testing information, medical providers, information for businesses and employers, and more. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina
- South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services. The SCDHHS provides information in English and Spanish regarding South Carolina’s ongoing response and plans regarding COVID-19. The information provided includes but is not limited to:call center numbers, steps to stay healthy for individuals and families, precautions and preparations for schools and childcare, testing information, medical providers, information for businesses and employers, and more. https://scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- Mecklenburg County Public Health. This link contains ongoing up-to-date information regarding Mecklenburg County’s response to COVID-19. They provide information about signs and symptoms, prevention, and links to other helpful resources.
- Frequently Asked Questions: https://www.mecknc.gov/news/Documents/COVID-19%20Frequently%20Asked%20Questions.pdf
Court Closures and Advisories
- North Carolina Judicial Branch updates regarding COVID-19: https://www.nccourts.gov/
- April 2020 Custody and Visitation Recommendations during COVID-19 from the North Carolina Judicial Branch.
- South Carolina Judicial Branch updates regarding COVID-19: https://www.sccourts.org/
- Recent News: https://www.sccourts.org/whatsnew/
School Closures and Advisories
- The National Association of School Psychologists provides resources, information and insight on addressing COVID-19 with your children:
North Carolina Schools:
Following are some helpful links to school districts in Mecklenburg and surrounding counties:
- Charlotte Mecklenburg School District: https://www.cms.k12.nc.us/Pages/default.aspx
- 2020-2021 Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools Calendar
- Iredell-Statesville School District: https://www.issnc.org/
- Cabarrus County School District: https://www.cabarrus.k12.nc.us/
- Union County School District: https://www.ucps.k12.nc.us/
- Gaston County School District: https://www.gaston.k12.nc.us/
- Catawba County School District: https://www.catawbaschools.net/
- Lincoln County School District: https://www.lcsnc.org/
South Carolina Schools:
- Lancaster County School District: https://www.lancastercsd.com/
- York School District 1: https://www.york.k12.sc.us/YSD1
- Clover Schools (York County District 2): https://www.clover.k12.sc.us/
- Rock Hill Schools (York County District 3): https://www.rock-hill.k12.sc.us/
- Fort Mill Schools (York County District 4): https://www.fortmillschools.org/
- How to Plague: How Can I Stop Feeling Angry at Everyone – NHS for Buzzfeed
- Co-Parenting During Social Distancing Can be Complicated and Infuriating – RML for Scary Mommy/YahooLife!
- This ER Doctor Lost Custody of Her Daughter in COVID Co-Parenting Nightmare – PLH for SheKnows/YahooLife!
- Protecting Yourself from Domestic Violence During a Pandemic – AMC for Qnotes
- Child Support and COVID-19: Legal Relief During Unprecedented Times – TEV for Divorce Magazine
- How to get through a divorce while in quarantine together – PLH for TODAY
- Charlotte on the Cheap has shifted their database to focus on resources for individuals and families during coronavirus, including information on live streaming events, free websites, and DIY crafts.
- Spectrum to offer free internet to students impacted by COVID-19:
- List of Charlotte-area schools offering lunches to students during coronavirus closings (WCNC).
- The Loyalist Market in Matthews will offer free sandwiches to children who receive free lunch at school from March 17 – March 30.
- All the Stuff People Are Releasing for Free Because of the Coronavirus (Slate):